So could Inakaya on Sky 101 be the highest Japanese restaurant on earth right now? The express lift didn't take long but my ears popped a few times. I was taken there for a lunch. My host, as usual, left the executive decision to the chef. So we had an omakase at the sushi counter. The fish was great, very fresh, the seaweed salad was particularly delicious with very interesting textures. Everything was very good. Must go back to try their robatayaki next time.
Michael Levine's set design for Dialogues des Carmélites was minimalist. Actually, was there any set design? I suppose the director Robert Carsen was clever at introducing formation of human figures in many different ways to suggest the context of the opera. It kind of worked. Blanche, sung by Sally Matthews, was pretty good. Though I did find the whole work quite tedious - I think the intimate nature of the dialogues needed a small and intimate performing space i.e. not the Royal Opera House. The ending was worth waiting for. Dramatic. Poignant.



Comments
Post a Comment