Hong Kong finally gets the treatment of the Nobu restaurant experience. It is quite disturbing to be told, even with the most feminine voice "your table is booked for 6PM, there is a 15 minute grace period before it is surrendered, and the table shall be vacated by 8.15PM". That's this evening and I shall indeed find out what I can experience in 135 minutes.
Michael Levine's set design for Dialogues des Carmélites was minimalist. Actually, was there any set design? I suppose the director Robert Carsen was clever at introducing formation of human figures in many different ways to suggest the context of the opera. It kind of worked. Blanche, sung by Sally Matthews, was pretty good. Though I did find the whole work quite tedious - I think the intimate nature of the dialogues needed a small and intimate performing space i.e. not the Royal Opera House. The ending was worth waiting for. Dramatic. Poignant.
Comments
Post a Comment