What is it? A Thai restaurant set in one of the more secluded and exclusive hotels in London.
What was enjoyable? The Nahm traditional dinner menu where you can enjoy a selection of delectable starters, main dishes and desserts coupled with good service.
What was not enjoyable? The waiters / waitresses over explain the menu and how you should eat.
Michael Levine's set design for Dialogues des Carmélites was minimalist. Actually, was there any set design? I suppose the director Robert Carsen was clever at introducing formation of human figures in many different ways to suggest the context of the opera. It kind of worked. Blanche, sung by Sally Matthews, was pretty good. Though I did find the whole work quite tedious - I think the intimate nature of the dialogues needed a small and intimate performing space i.e. not the Royal Opera House. The ending was worth waiting for. Dramatic. Poignant.
Comments
Post a Comment